The Center is organizing a grass roots effort among Reform congregations to propose a resolution at the 2021 Reform movement Biennial convention. The resolution would commit the movement to the goal of full inclusion of interfaith families and partners from different faith backgrounds.
As of March 12, 2020, nine congregations have voted to propose the resolution at the 2021 Biennial:
- Temple Micah, Denver CO
- Makom Solel Lakeside, Highland Park IL
- Temple Shalom of Newton, Newton MA
- Congregation Micah, Nashville TN
- Congregation Shir Ami, Cedar Park TX
- Congregation Bnai Yisrael, Armonk NY
- Beth Shalom, Cary NC
- Temple Emanuel of Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills CA
- Temple Sinai, Sarasota FL
For the text of the resolution, see: Proposed Resolution: On Full Inclusion of Interfaith Families and Partners from Different Faith Backgrounds (PDF)
For background material, see: Proposed URJ Full Inclusion Resolution Background Material (PDF)
For a form temple boards can use to vote to propose the resolution, see: Form for Temple Board Resolution (PDF)
If you are interested in having your congregation join in this effort, please Connect with the Center.